Tuesday 24 April 2012

the beginning of the end...?

Lay in bed last night, spooning my husband the tears rolled down my cheeks.  God it's a bloody nightmare trying to cry quietly!  After having a pretty crappy day I asked my Twitter legend of a husband to drop me off at home whilst he went on to collect our daughter from the after school club.  As I opened the door I saw the pink and white parcel card on the floor and a little flicker of excitement shuddered through me.  My freshly ordered dress, shoes and handbag had arrived and although they appeared to have been launched over the back garden gate I couldn't wait to rip open the boxes and bags.  As I lifted the black satin tea dress from the box my heart sank at the shear size of the waist band, the label read '20'.  My brain suddenly began screaming!  Totally ignoring these screams I stripped and slid the dress on, looked at the hideous sight before me and let out a huge sigh.  This is the fourth dress I've ordered and the fourth dress I will be sending back!

When I woke up this morning I went through the same mental routine; right that's it I'm starting my diet today, no bread for breakfast, no chocolate today and I am definitely going to do some sort of exercise when I get home.  Sod's law I had another crappy day and as the hours ticked by my enthusiasm for all things healthy was weaning.  In recognition of my terrible day a colleague brought me some form home-cooked cake which appeared to be Shredded Wheat cover in chocolate...not content with just eating one, three cakes later I was wallowing in self pity.  So as the clock struck 4.30pm I was on the phone to my mincing mate and we arranged to go...dare I say it...JOGGING!!!!

Donned in Lycra and lime green trainers I was waiting with baited breath for his arrival.  The more time that went past the more I had visions of being taken to A & E with severe burns to the crotch due to heat generation from ones thighs rubbing together and two burst lungs!  I gave him a sneaky text insisting we walked first to build up my stamina and he dropped me like the 15st, 5ft imp I am implying that if I wasn't prepared to 'get my heart rate up' then there was no point!  Well who needs enemies when you have friends like that! 

It would have been all to easy for me to throw myself on the couch like a beached whale but instead headed out of the door stomping and huffing.  How? Why? What was this invisible force pulling me away from the promise of fish, chips and peas?  Did I care?  Should I care? I was actually doing this mystical activity called EXERCISE and without someone threatening me with a shitty stick!  Eureka!

During the walk I thrashed out a lot of stuff in my head; money worries, work worries, the bloody dresses and much more and I as I walked I could feel my back starting to ache more and more as I became aware of carrying the additional 4 stone I had acquired over the last few years.  I was amazed how far I had actually gone without thinking about it and although I wasn't sweating like a dieter in a confectioners I was pretty warm and did feel a sense of achievement upon return an hour later.

Could this be the beginning of the end of the dreaded spare tyre(s) and the epic journey from pig to twig...

Hugs and kisses

Miss Piggy x 










4 comments:

  1. More please xx This was an entertaining short read. Made me giggle and I can definately relate to all this. Keep it coming, the sad and the funny loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's well funny! we see the parcel vans arriving everyday now we know what's in them, never followed a blog before but will now, its like reading a Marianne Keyes book.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with Lisa, very funny and well written I might add. I'm looking forward to the next instalment already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what I do and cut the labels out of clothes its a sort of denial process but it works for me....a very entertaining read keep it up...Lesley :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, follow and share the blogs with your friends! :)