Monday 10 September 2012

panic on the streets of Walkden

My husband has advised me that no one will believe this event.  He said “No one will believe how careless one woman can be”…Obviously he knows bugger all about me then!  Saying that, after reading over this tale of sheer stupidity…he’s probably right.

TFI Friday.  It’s out first weekend sans Daisy in weeks and we have an epic 21st party lined up.  It’s been in our diary for months and naturally I had a ‘totes amaze balls’ outfit lined up (thankfully no drama this time).  As the clock strikes 4.30pm ‘Big J’ is pacing the tiles waiting for me to log off and shut down.  “McDonalds for tea” he says proudly like lobster and champers will be on the menu.  I look at him, sigh and reply “Ever the romantic darling”.  As the golden arches come into view I remind my husband that we need to pick up a card and present for our beloved Scotty and that we should pop into TESCO after we have eaten. 

Food’s up and we’re sat on mustard coloured ‘Bond villain’ style swivel chairs discussing the latest work gossip before I’m interrupted with a text. Once we’ve finished eating, I pick up my phone and head for TESCO.  As my fella browses the shelves for some deeply inappropriate joke gift I peruse for the latest Moshi Monster and a black kohl pencil.  Once we’ve paid at the till we’re in the car en route home where I take the opportunity to create a hideous gothic/Amy Winehouse look on my eyelids saying “What do you think of this look baby” whilst cackling with laughter.

As we walk through the front door I kick off my shoes and a sudden wave of panic sweeps across me “OMG where’s my phone, where’s my phone” I scream. “Calm down! It will be in the car” my husband replies.  Tiny beads of sweat form on my forehead as I start to search the car frantically followed by a flashback of me putting my phone down on the self-service till. Holy shit balls, I’ve lost my phone…again.  (The first time was in a pub toilet where it fell from my back pocket when I was having a wee.  I only realised half way home and we had to turn back in the taxi.  Thankfully God was smiling down on me that day too!)  We jump back in the car, minus my shoes! And as my husband heads back to TESCO I snatched his phone; got TESCO’s number from directory enquires and rang to see if anyone had handed it in – no joy.  I rang my own number repeatedly until finally, 30 seconds from the car park the voice of an angel answered. “Yes I have your phone here” she says, it’s like music to my ears.  As we pull up to the sliding doors I sprint out the car and launch myself up the steps to TESCO and it’s only as I take the last step that I realise that I’m in the middle of a shopping centre with no shoes on and look like Alice Cooper in a floral skirt. WTF!  I don’t know what you think, but that is definitely not the get-up of your average sane person.  Once back in the car, I’m emotionally exhausted and greeted with the patronising comment of “You won’t be so lucky next time” and it would seem that the font of all knowledge is right again. Turd.

As we arrive home for the second time I open the boot of the car with a dismayed look on my face.  “Where’s my handbag J?” I ask confused.  “Handbag, I don’t know I haven’t seen it” he says.  Before he’s even finished his sentence I’m on all fours on the back seat, groping the carpet beneath the  chairs but there’s no handbag.  I don’t believe it; I can’t have, no, surely not.  But as the seconds tick by it becomes apparent that I have left handbag in McDonalds too.  My favourite handbag containing my cheque book, ALL my make-up, my LAST bottle of perfume, my NEW designer sunglasses, my work ID badge, my precious blog notes and a mirror Daisy bought me…all gone.  I looked at J, his face had changed to a popular primary colour and I swear I saw a little steam escape from his ears.  I think it’s fair to say he was NOT a happy bunny. I dare not write the obscenity that came from that mans mouth. I rang McDonalds with no avail.

So with no make-up and no perfume and no money to buy any, the evening plans were cancelled and we were a sorry pair sat on the couch with a bottle of red and a packet of Tangtastic Haribo’s.  What a bangin’ Friday night that turned out to be.

Love & kisses

Twiglette Piglette

1 comment:

  1. Could only happen to you - or could it????

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, follow and share the blogs with your friends! :)